Saturday, August 18, 2007

Down a lot

I haven't commented on the massive sell-off that's been going on lately, and I don't think that I really need to all that much. The credit squeeze that has been predicted is hitting. The economist said something about it, but only after the market was taking a hit. Is it all because of the mortgage-industry lending practices? Cramer certainly thinks this is huge. In any case, it has certainly been a disaster for my total portfolio, as you can see on the chart. From the peak on July 16, my total portfolio is down 15%. On top of that, my MFI portfolio is down the most, with 8 of my 20 MFI stocks currently down by 20% or more.I've been buying stock in a few companies that I had had my eye on. Ctrip, for example is fairly low. Nowhere near as low as when I first bought it, but low. I've also taken the opportunity to make a few small purchases into the financial sector. These have unsurprisingly been hit especially hard. I've seen a number that are now selling at below book value, and several more that are near book value. I think this is a an example of the market going crazy, like luminaries always talk about. The Motley Fool guys have been saying for a while that it could come. Now that it has, one of them said he thought it was almost over, but he could be wrong and it could last quite a bit longer. The only question is how long. Maybe the Fed cutting the discount rate yesterday was the first step to recovery. The market was certainly buoyed: it jumped about 2%. We'll see...

3 comments:

マイルチャンピオンシップ said...

マイルチャンピオンシップ予想 オッズに隠された秘密…現場スタッフによるデータ収集、さらに登録馬の血統に関しても徹底して分析済み!出走馬の調整、展開を完全に読む!関係者裏情報を独占公開!

グリー said...

今年のクリスマスも後少しですね。グリー内でもクリスマスに備えて異性と交流を持つコミュニティが活発で、自分も今年のクリスマスにお陰で間に合いました!!みなさんもイブを一人で過ごさなくても良いように、グリーで異性をGETしよう

副収入 said...

最低時給1万円!?誰も知らない驚愕の副収入・・・会員登録すれば今すぐにでも開始できます!!今月ピンチな方・お金を稼ぎたい方はココで稼いで下さい