Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Goodbye, PW Eagle...

...hello, Optimal Group.

I went ahead and sold PWEI, and replaced them with OPMR. It was nice to find OPMR on the MFI list; I first became aware of OPMR in a recent Motley Fool write-up. MF essentially said that OPMR is risky, because it's in a beaten-down industry, online gaming. OPMR also has an electronic wallet division. The MF write-up convinced me that OPMR is cheap, I mean, really cheap - cheaper than the 12% EY listed on the MFI list suggests. Essentially the e-wallet division is free, and it acounts for 1/3 of the company's business. Moreover, if the company grows at anything like historical growth, it should be worth quite a bit more than it is being sold for currently: the share price seems to imply only 7% growth. So, as they said, cheap is cheap. And that was why I bought into OPMR.

2 comments:

Marsh_Gerda said...

Jamie, good luck with OPMR. I crossed them and CRYP off my list for the end of Feb because they're assoaciated with online gaming which recently got hit by the US Congress. If Cogress changes the law (which I think they should) and allows online gaming (as a source of tax revenue), these stocks will take off.

MG

Nick said...

Less than 30% of CRYP's revenue was from the US. I think that CRYP could be a double from the price I picked it up at. Thanks for the heads up on OPMR- I'll take a closer look.

-Nick